What are the implications of Learning to Learn?
When we Learn How To Learn:
- Self-esteem and confidence grow allowing us to reach our personal and joint potential.
- Not only will our students cope with new technology and change– they will welcome
- It makes us more interesting to be with.
- We remove all threats and create high challenge.
- We engage students emotions.
- We build rapport.
- We raise standards, pupil motivation and teacher morale.
When students (parents, teachers) Learn How To Learn they become empowered to move
from passive ‘vessels’ waiting to be filled to active controllers of their own learning.
WHAT IF YOU COULD TEACH MORE WITH LESS EFFORT?
This T2TUK/Kagan-UK session looks at how you
can deliver more content and have your students both understand and retain more.
How? By covering basic L2L skills (see Example Areas to be covered.)
You will learn the essential elements to manage student success.
Each day will be a fabulous opportunity for you as a teaching professional to shift
student’s perceptions of themselves as learners and stimulate their natural craving
HAVE FUN, AND GO FOR IT!!
HOW DOES SELF-ESTEEM PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN LEARNING TO LEARN?
Learning is most effective when it’s fun.
Example Areas to be covered:
5 Brain Needs BEM Principle Brain Breaks Energisers Brain Gym Importance of Frequent
Review The Correct Learning Formula Optimal Learning– The Learning Loop– Chunking
Mind-Friendly Framework Learning Environment Multi-Sensory/Intelligence Input Cooperative
Learning Learning Maps, Concept Maps Graphic Organisers Management Skills Affirmations/Celebrations
Empowering beliefs about L2L Peripherals
“The most important educational goal is Learning to Learn.”
Luis Alberto Machado